- An effective communicator can listen, understand, and express him/herself adequately using both English and Spanish languages in verbal, non-verbal and written forms.
- A tolerant student is receptive to different ideas, beliefs, and to the individualities of others.
- An academically competent student demonstrates and performs fundamental skills such as reading, writing, and calculating; in addition to, thinking skills such as inquiring, reasoning and analyzing.
- A collaborative student is willing to help other community members selflessly; a student who contributes/works effectively with others and respects others input in any type of group work.
- A reflective student is willing to understand his/her own learning by looking back on school tasks like projects, assignments and assessments, by answering open-ended questions so as to monitor progress and assess learning outcomes, while understanding his/her own strengths and limitations.
- A socially responsible student shows compassion and has a personal commitment to service, in order to make a positive difference in the lives of others and their environment.
- An honest student tells the truth, displays straightforward conduct and acts with fairness toward others. Honest students take responsibility for their actions and the consequences that accompany them.
Independent, Creative and Critical Thinkers
- An independent, creative and critical thinker is a student who, independently applies critical thinking skills such as analyzing, synthesizing, conceptualizing, evaluation of information through observation, experience, reflection, reasoning and communication to recognize and approach problems using his/her own original ideas to solve them.
- A life-long-learner is a student that is self-motivated to pursue knowledge and personal growth beyond school-age-years.
Prepared for College
- A student prepared for college has the necessary skills to successfully transition from school to higher educational settings.
Able to Reach Academic and Personal Potential
- A student that strives to reach his/her academic and personal potential rises up to his/her academic and personal challenges.
- A bilingual student can effectively learn and communicate in both English and Spanish languages integrating the cultural and linguistic aspects of both.
- A respectful student cares about the needs and feelings of others by treating them with dignity. A respectful student is tolerant and believes in the value of oneself and others.